By Jesús Ilundáin-Agurruza
Masking fascinating and sundry philosophical terrain, Cycling - Philosophy for Everyone explores in a enjoyable yet serious means the wealthy philosophical, cultural, and existential studies that come up whilst wheels are propelled via human strength.
- Incorporates or displays the perspectives of high-profile and amazing past-professional cyclists and insiders akin to Lennard Zinn, Scott Tinley, and Lance Armstrong
- Features contributions from the components of cultural experiences, kinesiology, literature, and political technological know-how in addition to from philosophers
- Includes enlightening essays at the kinds of the biking adventure, starting from the moral problems with good fortune, ladies and biking, environmental problems with commuting and the transformative strength of biking for private growth
- Shows how bicycling and philosophy create definitely the right tandem
- Includes a foreword by means of Lennard Zinn, writer and proprietor of Zinn Cycles Inc.
Read Online or Download Cycling - Philosophy for Everyone: A Philosophical Tour de Force PDF
Best Individual Sports books
This re-creation of John Forester's instruction manual for transportation coverage makers and bicycling advocates has been thoroughly rewritten to mirror adjustments of the decade. It comprises new chapters on eu bikeway engineering, urban making plans, integration with mass transit and long-distance companies, "traffic calming," and the paintings of encouraging private-sector aid for bicycle commuting.
The traditional chinese language paintings proven in phrases and photographs -- displaying the rhythmic coordination, stability, and concord constructed by way of committed practitioners of this mental-physical workout. B & W pictures all through
Deals a finished reference consultant to the care, upkeep, and service of bicycles and gear.
Within the early Nineteen Seventies Marilyn Fierro came upon herself pursuing a lifestyle that used to be speculated to be closed to girls - the martial arts. sign up for her as she tells her tale of private development, spirituality, and fulfillment (both internally and externally). This publication includes the next fundamental sections: 1.
Additional info for Cycling - Philosophy for Everyone: A Philosophical Tour de Force